|Some tip to avoid possible malfunctions with SIM SKUNK WORKS models||
|Sim silently quits to desktop or hangs in pause||A clear indication that activation key is missing or has been flagged as invalid:
|How get ride of annoying request of “untrusted dll” in FSX/STEAM ?||Our dll are signed so they must be accepted, normally one answer “YES” is enough, but it can happen that for some reason truedt dll list become corrupted in FSX.cfg file.
The best solution is to accept “permanently” our dll using instructions and program that can be downloaded from HERE
Recall to set our certificate to root trusted autority.
|I have a laptop and it suffers of low frame rate using SSW Tornado, other models do not show such flaw.||
|I have purchased the new MLU Harrier version, i expected to see moving maps but nothing appear even if the gauge seems to work. What can i do ?||Moving maps gauge needs to have maps installed, Harrier uses same maps as Torndo so you can freely download and install them from HOW TO in this site|
|Missing HUD components in P3D version > 4.2||It happens on some systems using P3D v 4.2 or later that some HUD components are missing and HUD repeater into right MFD does not work at all.
This is due to an not yet fixed P3D issue.
Here a workaround we have found:
1. Go to folder: Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\SSW-AV8B-HARRIER-IIB\gauges
2. Make a new subfolder: SSW_HARRIER_GAUGES
3. Unzip SSW_HARRIER_GAUGES.cab and copy all its content to newly created SSW_HARRIER_GAUGES subfolder
4. Move elsewhere, delete or rename SSW_HARRIER_GAUGES.cab so it cannot be read any longer.
Now HUD should work properly
|Model registering has failed and/or can’t find the registration file into the main sim folder||Most probably you did not follow correctly the installation procedure, take a closer look to installation procedures at our site. There can be several causes:
|How can download products purchased when the old site was still active ?|
|Can’t find the embedded TORNADO tablet anymore, old URL does not respond.|
|Where to find FRF/104G F104-S flight manuals|
SIM SKUNK WORKS WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
- According to Italian and European laws if the customer receives the activation key is meant that the software is “unsealed” and thus looses the right of withdrawal and refund because it is a necessary condition for it that the software is returned certainly and “sealed.”
- SSW complying with the law, protecting his resources and customers right, leaves freedom to buy the product, test it (with a reasonable time limit) and decide whether “unseal” or not, which occurs with the request of the activation key, request that can be delayed at will by the customer.
- Instruction for automatic or manual activation key request is written clearly on the documentation on the site site under “How to..
- Having said the above, the refund may be requested if:
- It has not gone more than 14 days from the day of purchase
- It was not asked and sent the software activation key
JURISPRUDENCE ON THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND
- Article 55, paragraph 2, letter. d) of Legislative Decree no. 206/2005, states that “is excluded the application of the articles on the right of withdrawal in cases of ” supply of audiovisual products or computer software unsealed by consumer.“
- Is widely accepted by jurisprudence that can be considered as still sealed software, one that, despite having been downloaded directly from the manufacturer in the form of self-installing file, requires the installation of the product on your personal computer and the subsequent final activation by inserting special codes provided by the same manufacturer or distributor.
- In such cases, the software installed but activated with the key can not still be considered “immaterial” sealed and the consumer can not be given the right of withdrawal.
- The rule seems appropriate, otherwise no one could be certain that the request of the right of withdrawal is not a pretext to obtain a refund and keep using the product, in fact it is not possible to ascertain the necessary condition to the withdrawal, the return of unsealed product itself.